Behold our last view of Gold Coast from our Airbnb apartment as we would be checking out today to head back to Brisbane 🙁
Missed out on my trip so far? Read them here:
- Public Holidays with Mitsueki: Happy Birthday Singapore x Pre-Trip Packing – 9 Aug 2023
- #MitsuekiTravels | 11D10N Brisbane-Gold Coast Travelogue (Day 1): Touch Down x Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary x The Kenmore Tavern – 10 Aug 2023
- #MitsuekiTravels | 11D10N Brisbane-Gold Coast Travelogue (Day 2): Betty’s Burgers x Day Out at Brisbane CBD x Fortitude Valley – 11 Aug 2023
- #MitsuekiTravels | 11D10N Brisbane-Gold Coast Travelogue (Day 3): Lyell Deer Sanctuary x Luvaberry Strawberry Picking x Glass House Mountain Hiking x Eatstreet Northshore – 12 Aug 2023
- #MitsuekiTravels | 11D10N Brisbane-Gold Coast Travelogue (Day 4): Fam Day Out at Ekka 2023 – 13 Aug 2023
- #MitsuekiTravels | 11D10N Brisbane-Gold Coast Travelogue (Day 5): Yatala Pies x Pelican Feeding x Welcome to Gold Coast x Hurricane’s Grill – 14 Aug 2023
- #MitsuekiTravels | 11D10N Brisbane-Gold Coast Travelogue (Day 6): Gold Coast Fisherman Co-Op x Mountview Alpaca Farm x Day Out @ Tamborine Mountain x Pacific Fair – 15 Aug 2023
- #MitsuekiTravels | 11D10N Brisbane-Gold Coast Travelogue (Day 7): Chillax Work Day x Brunch @ Bam Bam Bakehouse x Homecooked Dinner – 16 Aug 2023
- #MitsuekiTravels | 11D10N Brisbane-Gold Coast Travelogue (Day 8): Warner Bros Movie World x Emerald Lake Markets – 17 Aug 2023
But first, a morning run for the mister alongside a simple avocado brekkie while I did a quick workout. We were lucky to be able to enjoy a great view of the Pacific Airshow from our apartment’s balcony and the aerial stunts were nothing short of spectacular!
Next up, check out by 11am before we were off for a fish and chips lunch at Charis Seafood. I had the flake fillet with chips while he had the combo box with assorted fried fish, prawns, calamari and the like together with chips. I thought it was just okay, surprisingly the Codfather fish and chips we had up at Tamborine Mountain was wayy better imo (better batter, fish, and calamari)! Maybe cos this is mass produced in comparison?
Moving on, we headed to Harbour Town Premium Outlets to kill some time and check out the stores there including this Asian Grocer, discount fruit stall with HUGE fruits and many more.
This is also where we spotted one of the cheapest macadamia nuts we could find during our trip which the mister bought. Meanwhile this is also a great place for you to find discounted branded products from all your favourite brands (both Australia / overseas) and I ended up walking away with a pair of new ACIS sport shoes as well as some assorted Lindt chocolate. Not forgetting always a visit to Woolworths cos supermarket shopping is always the most fun thing to do overseas!
Time for us to head back to Brisbane and we were stuck in a pretty bad jam so we took a lil longer than expected to reach home. Oh and we also popped by Yatala Pies to pick up some pies for his fam to try as they’ve never tried it! This is a highly recommended pitstop in between Brisbane-Gold Coast that most people will swing by to dine in / takeaway.
Finally, we were home and ready for dinner! His dad was cooking tonight where we enjoyed lamb chops and roasted veggies and potatoes and it was delicious! While waiting at the same time, we were playing around with his niece and they all later surprised with me with a birthday cake!
Oh and a mini dance party hosted by his adorable niece followed after; plus presents!! From his sis and BIL, that included a handmade card from his niece that was really sweet 🙂 Thank you to his lovely family.. feel really blessed seeing all these and being included.
My heart is full tonight.. especially with the addition of seeing his niece write in her diary about our day out at Ekka and even my birthday celebration today! 🙂
Our final full day in Brisbane is tomorrow before we fly back home in the morning on Monday so stay tuned to find out what we did! Thanks for reading~
Psst.. Want to start a blog or own a website? Here's my RECOMMENDED Web Host (Siteground) since 2014: Other #mitsuekilobangs: - Sign up HERE for a FREE $5 Shopback voucher ️ - Quote <MITSUEKI5OFF> for 5% off your Klook activities
See ya on my socials – Updated DAILY! ♥
IG/IG Story/TikTok: @mitsueki (IG) / @mitsueki (Tiktok)
Join my Telegram Broadcast: http://t.me/mitsuekisblog