Day 7’s itinerary is a simple one with only one item on the to do list and that is to take the bus from Kanzawa Station to Shirakawa-Go, the famous UNESCO world heritage site famed for its gassho-zukuri farmhouse. You just have to remember to pre-book the Nohi bus tickets online in advance first and you’re all set to go (approx 1.5 hours bus ride).
P.s missed out on Day 1-6? Read here:
- #mitsuekitravels | 19D18N Japan Travelogue 2022 (Day 1): Singapore-Taipei-Tokyo x Fish Ramen x Asakusa x Sensoji Temple x Tokyo SkyTree – 22 Dec 2022
- #mitsuekitravels | 19D18N Japan Travelogue 2022 (Day 2): Tokyo-Kanazawa-Osaka x Kuromon Market x Jiyuken Curry x Namba x Dotonburi x Umeda – 23 Dec 2022
- #mitsuekitravels | 19D18N Japan Travelogue 2022 (Day 3): Super Nintendo World with NO Express Pass x Universal Studios Osaka x Ramen Dinner – 24 Dec 2022
- #mitsuekitravels | 19D18N Japan Travelogue 2022 (Day 4): Kimono Girl Adventures x Nara x Ootoro x Sightseeing Limited Express Aoniyoshi x Kyoto – 25 Dec 2022
- #mitsuekitravels | 19D18N Japan Travelogue 2022 (Day 5): Kobe Steakland x Beef Croquette Shinsekai x Den Den Town x Kuchu Teien Observatory – 26 Dec 2022
- #mitsuekitravels | 19D18N Japan Travelogue 2022 (Day 6): Osaka-Kanazawa x Omicho Market x Higashi Chaya District x Kenrokuen x 21th Century Museum of Contemporary Art – 27 Dec 2022
The first thing we did upon reaching the village is to look for a lunch spot. Originally, we wanted to go to the restaurant where Oda (creator of One Piece) visited but it was closed 🙁 Hence, we went back to the same restaurant the mister visited the last round.
I’m not sure of the restaurant name but it’s called “China” on Google maps (lol). And here, we had a mixture of items – the hida beef curry udon for myself and the genssho age udon for the mister since he tried the former before. We also ordered the hida beef croquette and a red bean soup to round off the meal and left with VERY satisfied stomaches after this. Highly recommended!
To save on time, we opted to take the shuttle bus up the observatory area where you can have a bird’s eye view of Shirakawa-Go – and also it’s the place where everyone snaps their photos. The bus only comes around twice an hour so take note of both the going and departure timing so you don’t miss it. There is also only ONE bus so if you can’t board, you’ve gotta wait 20 mins for the next bus. Each way is 200 yen, a total of 400 for a return trip with the amount paid on board upon disembarkment.
And there you have it, the famous view of Shirakawa-Go! Just go with no expectations because it was nice but nothing too mind blowing. So since you’re here, please spam photos and check out their souvenir shop!
Next up, we wanted to visit one of the traditional gassho-zukuri farmhouse and there are a couple of them that are open to the public. It wasn’t WADA or HIDA house that came recommended, but a random one that we spotted on the map that was along the way.
For 400yen, you’ll get entry into this house to admire the architecture and if you’re lucky (depends on each house), you’ll be able to climb up all the way to the 3rd level like us.
Tbh, it wasn’t anything remotely interesting for us to see as you can walk around, experience the house for abit. What was a highlight here = the heater..because it was SO COLD and this was such a blessing for both the hands, and legs?!
With limited time left before our bus back to Kanazawa, we took this opportunity to quickly visit the rest of the village from the little shrine and to the famous bridge before walking back to the bus terminal to take the last bus back. It was such a blessing too that it started snowing lightly making it my first ever snowfall in my life(:
How all cozied up in the bus and back to Kanazawa Station, it’s time for a quick visit to the supermarket before it closes at 830pm ..
.. a super satisfying dinner at Yoshinoya where I tried their sukiyaki hotpot that is only available for a limited seasonal time, while the mister had the beef ribs X beef sukiyaki (?) combo.
An early night awaits us cos of our early check out at 10am. It’s time for bed, gnite and thanks always for reading~
Psst.. Want to start a blog or own a website? Here's my RECOMMENDED Web Host (Siteground) since 2014: Other #mitsuekilobangs: - Sign up HERE for a FREE $5 Shopback voucher ️ - Full list of Monthly Offers https://mitsueki.sg/tag/mitsuekilobang/
See ya on my socials – Updated DAILY! ♥
IG/IG Story/TikTok: @mitsueki (IG) / @mitsueki (Tiktok)
Join my Telegram Broadcast: http://t.me/mitsuekisblog