mitsueki, Random News, Singapore News

Cleaners to the rescue in HDB flat fire in Ang Mo Kio

Spotted on The Straits Times:

Cleaners to the rescue in HDB flat fire in Ang Mo Kio

When a fire broke out in a second-floor Housing Board flat in Ang Mo Kio yesterday morning, its four residents were left with only one way out – through the kitchen window.

Thick flames had engulfed most of the one-room rental flat in Block 115, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4 by then, and two residents leapt to the ground. The other two, Mr Gan Hwee Sun, 72, and Ms Teo Siew Choo, 50, stood precariously on the window ledge until they were helped to the ground by Bangladeshi cleaners, using a ladder.

Mr Gan and Ms Teo, both musicians in a Chinese funeral procession band, shared the flat with Ms Teo’s friend, Mr Choon Siew Weng, 56, and her younger brother, 37.

Credits: The Straits Times

Kudos to the Bangladeshi cleaners for helping them out!(:

Don’t forget to stay tuned to my blog / like my blog’s Facebook page / follow me @mitsueki on Twitter & Instagram for the latest updates!

Till later,
♥ mitsueki

Like my blog on Facebook!
Follow me on @mitsueki on Twitter & Instagram

Author: mitsueki

Hello! I'm mitsueki aka Daphne and I blog at mitsueki.sg! Follow me on IG for more updates too!

Leave a Reply