Spotted on The New Paper:
Former employer hit by $93,000 medical bill for maid’s rare skin condition
She was straining under the trauma of her husband’s heart surgery when she was hit with a second whammy, one that cost her more than $90,000.
Madam Jameela Bee Mohd’s husband was at Changi General Hospital when her maid was hit by toxic epidermal necrolysis, a rare and life-threatening skin condition.
The maid, Miss Nur Umaroh Karwiyahmukhlis, contracted the condition after she sought treatment for gum pain in late April. A few days later, the 26-year-old was in the intensive care unit of Singapore General Hospital fighting for her life.
On May 30 — 33 days later — she recovered, was discharged and returned to Indonesia, leaving her former employer with a medical bill of about $93,000.
Read the full report in The New Paper on Monday (Oct 7).
Credits: The New Paper
Like holy crap..that skin condition scared the hell out of me!
Luckily the maid is fine now..but how is her employer supposed to bear the cost? It’s almost 100k!! Hope the maid is covered under insurance :S
Don’t forget to stay tuned to my blog / like my blog’s Facebook page / follow me @mitsueki on Twitter & Instagram for the latest updates!
Like my blog on Facebook!
Follow me on @mitsueki on Twitter & Instagram