Spotted on The Daily Mail UK:
That really is a nose job! Chinese man has new nose grown on his FOREHEAD to replace the original which was damaged in a car crash
- Xiaolian, 22, damaged his nose in a traffic accident in August 2012
- Failed to get treatment so it became infected and cartilage was damaged
- Surgeons were unable to repair it so created a new nose on his forehead
- It was made using cartilage from his ribs and a skin tissue expander
- Surgeons are hoping to carry out transplant surgery to put it in place of his old nose soon
A Chinese man has had a new nose grown on his forehead.
The man, who has only been named as Xiaolian, had the treatment to create a replacement for his original nose which was infected and deformed. The procedure was carried out at a hospital in Fuzhou, Fujian province.
Boy has a nose growing on his head ready for transplant
The 22-year-old damaged his nose in a traffic accident in August 2012 but failed to seek treatment. As a result, an infection corroded the cartilage leaving the surgeons unable to repair it. They were left with no choice but to grow him a new nose and then to transplant it in place of his damaged one.
The nose was created by placing a skin tissue expander onto Xiaolian’s forehead. This was cut into the shape of a nose and was supported by cartilage taken from the man’s ribs. Surgeons say that the nose has developed well and that the transplant surgery will be carried out soon.
Credits:The Daily Mail UK
Gosh..that’s really a weird spot to grow a new nose though. But anyway, hope that the operation will be a success for him!(:
Psst..Wanna WIN some Unforgettable Premiums?
Join my blog giveaway today!(: