Random News, Random Videos, World News

Warning! | South Korean woman dies after eating live octopus

Spotted on STOMP:

South Korean woman dies after eating live octopus

Photo for Illustrative Purposes

Keen to try live octopus? You might want to think twice. A woman in South Korea stopped breathing after eating a live octopus, and died 16 days later in hospital.

According to an AFP report, the woman, identified by her surname Yoon, had checked into a motel near Seoul with her boyfriend in April 2010.

The boyfriend, identified only as Mr Kim, had earlier bought two live octopuses from a local restaurant. He later called reception to say his girlfriend, identified by her surname Yoon, stopped breathing after eating one of the octopuses.

She was taken to hospital but died 16 days later. Live octopus is a delicacy in South Korea but is a known choking hazard, since the still-moving suction cups can cause tentacle pieces to stick in a person’s throat.

A baby octopus is often consumed whole, while larger varieties are cut up and the still-wriggling tentacles eaten with a splash of sesame oil.

Eating a whole live octopus in Korea

A tentacle was found in Ms Yoon’s throat and both her family and police had initially accepted Mr Kim’s story that she accidentally choked to death.

Credits: STOMP Singapore

Ugh..I know I would definitely never be caught eating live octopus in the first place! What about you?
Would you dare to try? D:

Don’t forget to stay tuned to my blog / like my blog’s Facebook page / follow me @mitsueki on Twitter & Instagram for the latest updates!

Till later,
♥ mitsueki

Like my blog on Facebook!
Follow me on @mitsueki on Twitter & Instagram

Author: mitsueki

Hello! I'm mitsueki aka Daphne and I blog at mitsueki.sg! Follow me on IG for more updates too!

Leave a Reply