I don’t know about you, but I do take my computer security rather seriously! This is because of all my precious data, photoshop, studio photos, and whatsnot are all stored and kept in my laptop. So imagine losing all your data (or your entire laptop!) to some pesky malware, spyware, phishing sites and basically to cybercriminals (oh, and don’t forget the thieves who steal your laptop) that are growing at an exponentially fast rate in this era of advancing technology!
Now before I move on, have you heard of ESET before?
In my case, I have! That’s because I think it was about 3 years ago? ESET ran an advertising campaign on TV for it’s NOD32 Antivirus 4 like a couple of months, and I can even recall the robot mascot! It looked really good and I was tempted to get it then but I didn’t as I had just bought an antivirus prior to that.
**Read on to find out how to redeem an ESET Smart Security 6 60-Day Trial and weekly S$50 vouchers!**
Well, today, I just wanted to introduce ESET’s latest new offerings that came out in January 2013:
ESET Smart Security 6
Antivirus, Antispyware, Antispam, Anti-Theft, Firewall, Parental Control, Anti-Phishing, Social Media Scanner
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6
Antivirus, Antispyware, Gamer Mode, Anti-Phishing, Cloud-powered Scanning, Social Media Scanner
Features & Differences between the ESET Smart Security 6 vs ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6
*Compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP
Installation is a breeze – and you have two choices to choose from to install the ESET Smart Security 6!
- Install from the CD in the box set (product serial code found in the box)
- Download the installer online and install from there (product serial code found in the box)
Then just follow the steps to install – it won’t take very long!(:
Key Features Worth Mentioning
If you scan through the features, it would seem like it’s just any normal security suite/antivirus, but I assure you, it’s not! In fact, it has a couple of noteworthy features that I find really interesting!
- Most people don’t like to scan their computers because usually the process will lag your entire computer/laptop and it’s frankly rather annoying! Thankfully, the ESET Smart Security 6 combines maximum protection with a minimal system footprint as it has an efficient code base which means faster, more accurate scanning that won’t slow down your computer and network.
- Gamer Mode – Lets you suspend pop-up notifications, scanning and scheduled tasks while in full-screen mode. Gamer Mode minimizes system resource usage so you can get the most out of your hardware when gaming.
- Parental Control (only in ESET Smart Security)—Allows you to configure settings that provide parents with automated tools to help protect children and set restrictions for using devices and services. Parental Control lets you block web pages that may contain potentially offensive material. In addition, you can prohibit access to up to 20 pre-defined website categories.
- Anti-Theft Feature – With the addition of Anti-Theft, ESET Smart Security 6 defends against physical as well as digital threats. If your computer is lost or stolen, Anti-Theft gives you the ability to monitor its usage activity, send alert messages and locate your machine from my.eset.com.So first, you have to register an account and your devicesIn the case that your laptop was stolen, you just have to mark it as missing. ESET Anti Theft will start to collect information from the laptop and will block access to your accounts – giving the thief a fake user account to use where it will collect data about unauthorized activity on the device.ESET can even display your laptop location on a map and can take screenshots of the user using your laptop. What’s more, if you have a built in webcam – you can even view the user live!
Useful features don’t you think so?
On the whole, the ESET Smart Security 6 seems like a good choice for a complete security suite if you’re looking for an new/upgrade from a free or expired security suite that you have. The comprehensive list of features (as seen above) ensures that it’ll keep your laptop/computer protected from threats such as viruses, malware, phishing and spyware. Added to that, the additional features of the anti-theft feature, gamer mode and parental control will definitely come in handy!
It would be best if you could test it out for yourself right? Well no worries..that’s where the giveaway comes next!(:
GIVEAWAY: FREE ESET SMART SECURITY 6 (60 Day Trial)!
Just click the link below to register to get the ESET Smart Security 6 (60 Day Trial) – FOR FREE!
Don’t forget to quote ‘mitsueki’ in the special code box in order to redeem!(:
Every registration ensures you a chance to walk away with S$50 worth of vouchers weekly (Winner free to choose either one voucher: Fairprice, CapitaMall, Starbucks, EpiCentre and Cathay) and a chance to win one of the 3 1 year ESET Smart Security 6!
What are you waiting for?
>> CLICK HERE TO REDEEM! <<
>> CLICK HERE TO REDEEM! <<
3 Comments on “ESET Smart Security 6 Advertorial & Review // Plus GIVEAWAY!”