Spotted on RocketNews24:
Now that’s what we call a close one! Massive boulder nearly crushes car
A recent video taken in Taiwan shows a massive boulder rolling down a mountainside and nearly flattening a car and his presumably screaming driver. Thank goodness for onboard cameras because if the vehicle in front hadn’t been equipped with one, the world would never witness this extremely close call.
Too lazy to watch the video? Here are some screenshots:
1. Just a rainy day. Nothing special yet eh?
2. Suddenly, mud and debris fly from the side of the mountain. The driver has a fraction of a second to try and swerve to avoid the onslaught, but it’s not enough. The mud collides with the white car with enough force to push it into the next lane.
3. The white car disappears for a heart-stopping second.
4. The dirt begins to settle and everyone seems to be okay.
5. That is until a boulder at least five times larger than the white car comes rumbling down the mountain and onto the road, landing inches away from the terrified passengers.
6. The boulder then decides it’s done enough damage for one day and kindly rolls back the way it came, finally resting near (not on top of) the white car.
Also, if you look closely at the video, you can see the boulder break off the top of the mountain at 0:03:
Don’t know about you, but that looked mighty scary to me!
And if you were wondering, I heard that at the end of the video, the driver rushed to the passenger side to check the condition of the female passenger. Thay are both ok but in shock according to the TV news from Taiwan.